Friday, August 20, 2010

Kamsonga

I just got back from a five day visit to Kamsonga - the village where I'll be living for two years!  I am thrilled with the people, the environment and my house.  Here are some pictures of it:





This is my house! 


My living room.


Spare bedroom



I have a toilet!


This is my shower but I only get cold water so I boil some water, mix it with cold and take a bucket bath in this room. 


Paraffin stove under the chimney. 


My cubbard.  The volunteer who I'm replacing left me spices and other supplies!


This is my bedroom.  I moved a bunch of these boxes into the spare room.


The PCV I am replacing started a small library.


This is the shelf near my bed.


Supplies in the bedroom.


There is a hill behind my house that I climbed. Here's a view of the health center from it.  My house is right by the health center.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, you really lucked out with your house, that looks really big and nice! I bet it's a lot different than what you were expecting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that place looks great! the pictures are wonderful, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete